H. Budinoff, 2015. "Predicting Energy Usage During Milling Based on Workpiece Properties," Master's report, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley.
- Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2019
- Advisor: Professor Sara McMains
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2015
- Advisor: Professor David Dornfeld
- Master’s project report: Predicting Energy Usage During Milling Based on Workpiece Properties
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Arizona, 2013
- Engineering design process
- Additive manufacturing
- Design for additive manufacturing
- Design for manufacturing
- Engineering education
- Research Assistant in the Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Lab, UC Berkeley (Fall 2017-Summer 2019)
- University of California, Berkeley
- Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, Northern Arizona University (Fall 2016-Spring 2017)
- Duties included: Teaching undergraduate classes related to design
Research Assistant in the Laboratory for Manufacturing and Sustainability, UC Berkeley (Fall 2014-Spring 2016)
- Design Engineer I, Honeywell Aerospace (May 2013-August 2014)
H. Budinoff, R. Bhinge, and D. Dornfeld. "A material-general energy prediction model for milling machine tools" in Proceedings of the 2016 International Symposium on Flexible Automation (ISFA), Cleveland, OH, USA, August 1-3, 2016, pp. 161-164.
H. Budinoff and S. McMains. "Aptitude, Effort, and Achievement in an Introductory Engineering Design Graphics Class," in Proceedings of the 71st American Society for Engineering Education Engineering Design Graphics Division MidYear Conference, Nashua, NH, October 16-18, 2016.
H. Budinoff and S. McMains. "Relationships between Spatial Visualization Ability and Student Outcomes in a 3D Modeling Course," The Engineering Design Graphics Journal. 82(2).
H. Budinoff and S. McMains, 2018, "Prediction and visualization of achievable orientation tolerances for additive manufacturing." Procedia CIRP, 75, pp. 81-86.
Y. Sun, H. Budinoff, and S. McMains. (2018). "Measuring and Predicting Achievable Tolerances for AM Processes." Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Academic Makerspaces.
H. Budinoff, S. McMains, and A. Rinaldi, 2018, "An interactive manufacturability analysis and tolerance allocation tool for additive manufacturing,"
Proceedings of the 2018 ASME IDETC/CIE Conference.
H. Budinoff and S. McMains. " Underrepresented and International Student Success and Confidence in a Small, Lab-based CAD Class, " in Proceedings of the 73rd American Society for Engineering Education Engineering Design Graphics Division MidYear Conference, Berkeley, CA, January 6-8, 2019.
H. Budinoff, A. Ford, and S. McMains. "Effects of Gender, Effort, and Spatial Visualization Abilities in an Engineering Graphics Class" in Proceedings of the 2019 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Tampa, FL, USA, June 15-19, 2019.
Poster at Society of Women Engineers: Pacific Northwest Section research poster competition, Seattle, WA
Conference proceedings talk at 2016 International Symposium on Flexible Automation (ISFA), Cleveland, Ohio
Conference proceedings talk at ASEE EDGD MidYear Conference, Nashua, NH
Conference proceedings talk at ASEE EDGD MidYear Conference, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Conference proceedings talk at 15th CIRP Conference on Computer Aided Tolerancing (CIRP CAT), Milan, Italy
Service and leadership
- Reviewer: CAD, International Journal of Engineering Education, Procedia CIRP, ASEE Annual Conference proceedings, ASME MSEC proceedings